Saturday, June 13, 2009

visitors and artwork

We "babysat" for my parent's new puppy for the past week while they were away. The girls were in heaven and were so good about taking care of her all by themselves. Isn't she sweet? Unfortunately, we also found some unwanted visitors this week. Luke was in the bathroom and called to me, "Mom, you gotta come see this awesome thing." When you are 7, tons of things qualify as "awesome" so I took my time going to see this great cause for excitement. (particularly because of his location) AHHHHH...the return of the carpenter ants. It was really kind of cool watching them work, eating at the beam in our bathroom until I thought about the fact that they were EATING AT THE BEAM IN OUR BATHROOM! We had them in the kitchen ceiling this winter. We live at the edge of the woods and they found a warm place to winter. Now I have visions of all the secret places they could be lurking..."Hard to locate" according to the pest control guy. Great.

After I put Joey's pictures up awhile back, Tom and Luke each wanted me to post one of theirs. This is Tom's tree. The picture doesn't do it justice - he is very much a detail person and loves to draw. He passed my skill level years ago. He is a very high energy kid and I love that he can sit and draw for great lengths of time and really works at improving.


And this picture is Luke to a T. He is 7, loves to keep me on my toes regarding what he might say or do at any given time. Notice, if you will, the middle one is picking his nose. The one on the right is also picking the middle one's nose. The one on the left is holding some sort of chain that is attached to the middle one's nose. And, if I may direct your attention to the bottom of the picture. The plants growing are(1)a nose bush (2) a glasses bush (3) a unibrow bush and (4) a moustache bush. The unibrow seems to be a key in most of his artwork. Ah, my Lukey!








2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I'm so glad you started a blog! I love your kids' drawings! I hope you're able to get rid of the carpenter ants soon...and for good. :)
    Tisha
    www.shawnandtisha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the drawings! Sorry to hear about the ants.

    ReplyDelete