Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Finally - a snow day in the North!

The 1 or 2 people who actually check my blog will fall over when they see I've posted! To say I am a "bad blogger" is an understatement. I would rather check all of my favorite blogs than write something myself I guess.



Anyway.....We have been jealous about all of the snow our southern neighbors have been getting (at least at this house). What fun is winter and cold temps if you can't enjoy playing in the SNOW? So, finally, today there is some snow on the ground! Since I homeschool, I don't give the kids a snow day (I know - mean). They do, however, get to enjoy "snow day" lunch whenever the schools are closed. We make toasted peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwiches - so yummy!
Today we tried a recipe from my friend, Kari's, blog (http://mycrazyadoption.org) It was a hit and the kids have convinced me that it should be our traditional "snow day" dessert!
So here is the recipe for "Snow Ice Cream": 1/2 c half and half, 1/4 c sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla - mix together until sugar is dissolved then add 4 c snow! Thanks Kari!
Getting ready to try...


Eli gave it the "MMMMMMM.........." approval!





2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! Glad to hear that the Snow Day dessert was a hit!! I think I will have to give it a try. What a great idea .. Snow Day Lunch. I will have to try something like that too. Today I was not a mean mama but usually I am. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see a post! Just talked to your mom a few minutes ago about your trip this summer!
    Desperately wish I was coming, too, but at least I think my little sister (okay, so she's almost 22) is going to try and go!
    We need to have a chat sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete