Saturday, April 4, 2009

Great Movie

Bob and I rented Slumdog Millionaire last night. We both loved it from beginning to end-it was one of those movies that leaves you feeling like you are better off having watched it. Having been to Ethiopia this summer and seeing similar poverty first hand, and having been changed forever by it, we were rivited to the reality of the setting of this movie. We kept saying, "Does this happen in Ethiopia?" and the reality that it probably does was very sobering. Not only Ethiopia, but in any poverty stricken country in the world. The extent of our wealth and safety in America overwhelms me whenever I am reminded of it.

This is a thought provoking look at the way others around the world live.
http://www.theplaceswelive.com/

1 comment:

  1. My favorite movie of the year!!!!
    I agree...we kept saying, this could be a movie about our beloved Ethiopia. Very sobering!!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete